As I was reading through the scriptures, I felt few chapters to be a sequential incidents in the life of Jesus Christ. I felt as if I am part of the journey of Jesus through the week. Though Bible does not say the week starts with a Monday and ends with a Sunday, Let’s assume it to be starting from Sunday.
- Sunday – Jesus entered as a king, God prepared His sacrifice
- Monday – Jesus cleans the template and curses the fig tree, God prepares those who will accept His sacrifice
- Tuesday – Jesus teaches in the temple for the last time, God sends his invitation to come enjoy His sacrifice
- Wednesday – Judas betrays , Mary perfumes, God waits or the response to the invitation
- Thursday – Jesus offers his body and blood in the last supper, God offers His sacrifice
- Friday – Jesus dies on the cross, God accepts His sacrifice ( a sweat smelling aroma)
- Saturday – Jesus takes the saints from Hades to Paradise, God receives His saints to Him
- Sunday – Jesus is risen, God gives us eternal life in Jesus (The real treasure)
Let’s consider what is in store for us each day with Jesus
Sunday – This would be the day when Jesus entered your life as a personal savior, as a King. God and You enter into a covenant that entitles you to be the citizen of heaven.
Monday – Once you have received Jesus as your personal savior, you need to clean up your temple [Where God resides which is your BODY] and flee from the curse of SIN. Prepare yourself, sanctify yourself to live with God.
Tuesday – We need to follow John 3:16 – Go and teach all nations about Jesus and the way he has shown us to live a Christian Life. We need to share the good news of Eternity and the fate at Hell.
Wednesday – Who are you going to be? Judas or Mary? You had a choice to abide in Jesus like Mary and be a pleasing aroma for him or be like Judas to betray the truth and follow your own way
Thursday – Offer yourself to serve other, consider their pain as your, extend your life as a source of life for others.
Friday – You need to sacrifice your fleshly desires and live for Christ. You need to take the cross and live for Jesus
Saturday – Await for the golden moments for Jesus to come and take us with Him, just like he promised
Sunday – There is a Sabbath day of rest, a day when you will have eternal life with Jesus.